University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 1998
Westmont College, B.A., Economics and Business, Magna Cum Laude, 1994
State Bar of California
Santa Barbara County Bar Association
Mr. Gupta concentrates his practice in the areas of business and real estate finance, commercial property development, real estate acquisitions and dispositions, and business entity formations and transactions. His experience includes assisting clients with public and private debt and investor financing as well as troubled-loan workouts and foreclosure proceedings. He has worked with clients on residential, hotel and other commercial property developments, leasing, land use and purchase and sale transactions. He has represented start-up businesses in formation planning and documentation, and established businesses with restructuring and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Gupta came to Mullen & Henzell from the tax consulting group at Deloitte & Touche with a strong background in income tax law, and works with clients on income tax, property tax and estate and gift tax matters.
- Representation of hotel developers in public-private hotel property development, hotel sales and acquisitions, and loan work-outs throughout California;
- Assistance with property and hotel management agreements;
- Merger and Acquisition assistance with retail, technology and consulting/professional services businesses;
- Representation in acquisition and sale transactions of commercial properties throughout the United States, including but not limited to apartment complexes, office parks, retail and mobile home and recreational vehicle parks;
- Representation of construction contractors in contract preparation and negotiations for public and private work;
- Representation of commercial lessors and lessees in lease negotiation;
- Assistance with contract drafting and negotiation for various service industry clients; and
- Representation of private foundations and public charity clients in formation and operation matters.
Mr. Gupta serves as a board member and treasurer of the Santa Barbara Rescue Mission where he recently assisted with a tax credit financing project that provided essential funds for the $11.9 million remodel of the Mission’s primary shelter and drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities. He also serves on the Board of Trustees of Santa Barbara Middle School. Mr. Gupta teaches business law as an adjunct professor at Westmont College, and was awarded an Adjunct Faculty Award in 2019 for his service. Mr. Gupta and his family are active members of Santa Barbara Community Church.