Loyola Law School of Los Angeles, J.D., Cum Laude/Order of the Coif, 2004
University of California, Santa Barbara, B.S. Cell and Developmental Biology, 2001
US Supreme Court
State Bar of California
Santa Barbara County Bar Association
Lindsay offers real estate and business transaction counsel – with a litigator’s insight – to individuals and businesses in a variety of industries. With more than a decade of experience, Lindsay strives to work collaboratively with clients and their other trusted advisors to understand and satisfy immediate objectives while also positioning clients to meet future goals.
Common matters include:
. Drafting contracts critical to business operations
. Formation of new businesses
. Business purchase and sale transactions
. Negotiating and documenting the separation of former business partners
. Real estate purchase and sales
. Commercial leasing
. Easement transactions
. Analyzing property tax outcomes of transactions
Lindsay’s cross-disciplinary experience (her prior practice largely involved prosecuting and defending complex business and real estate litigation matters) allows her to evaluate a situation from multiple perspectives to help her clients make informed decisions, avoid potential pitfalls, and come up with creative solutions.
Lindsay enjoys biking, hiking, camping and beach time with her husband and two children.
- 2022 reorganization of multi-tiered entity ownership structure for real estate holdings
- 2021 structure real estate and business holdings to achieve property tax savings and management goals for second generation family members in collaboration with estate planning colleagues
- 2021 buy-out of co-owner of business
- 2021 formation of LLC for a new business in the professional services industry
- 2020 formation of limited partnership and subscription of investors for new real estate development business
- 2020 commercial lease workout negotiations during pandemic
- 2019 dissolution of partnership and division of $200m+ real estate portfolio
- 2018 formation of LLCs for residential real estate projects
- 2018 negotiation of commercial lease on State Street
- 2017 sale of business for ~ $8,000,000
- 2017 reorganization of jointly-held asset portfolio, which included numerous real property and entity holdings
Lindsay is an active member of National Charity League and boys team charity with her children. She volunteers regularly with the Unity Shoppe, Foodbank, and other charities supported by these organizations. She serves on the La Colina Junior High PTSA, and prior to that role served for many years as Vice-President and member of the Board of Trustees of Montessori Center School.