University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 1998
Westmont College, B.A., Economics and Business, Magna Cum Laude, 1994
State Bar of California
Santa Barbara County Bar Association
Mr. Gupta concentrates his practice in the areas of business and real estate finance, commercial property development, real estate acquisitions and dispositions, and business entity formations and transactions. His experience includes assisting clients with public and private debt and investor financing as well as troubled-loan workouts and foreclosure proceedings. He has worked with clients on residential, hotel and other commercial property developments, leasing, land use and purchase and sale transactions. He has represented start-up businesses in formation planning and documentation, and established businesses with restructuring and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Gupta came to Mullen & Henzell from the tax consulting group at Deloitte & Touche with a strong background in income tax law, and works with clients on income tax, property tax and estate and gift tax matters.
- Representation of a number of clients in agricultural industry businesses operating in the Central Coast region;
- Representation of hotel developers in public-private hotel property development, hotel sales and acquisitions, and loan work-outs throughout California;
- Representation in acquisition and sale transactions of commercial properties throughout the United States;
- Representation of construction contractors in contract preparation and negotiations for public and private work;
- Representation of commercial lessors and lessees in lease negotiation;
- Assistance with contract drafting and negotiation for various service industry clients; and
- Representation of private foundations and public charity clients in formation and operation matters.
Mr. Gupta is actively involved in the community. He is on the Board of the Santa Barbara Rescue Mission. He also serves as an adjunct professor of business law at Westmont College. Mr. Gupta and his family are actively involved with Santa Barbara Community Church. He is a past member of the Board of Directors of Amigos de Honduras, a non-profit fundraising organization that supports development work in Honduras, and Life Network, a local non-profit.
- Recent Transaction One
- Recent Transaction Two
- Recent Transaction Three
- Recent Transaction Four